A SPECIAL MESSAGE TO OUR PATIENTS REGARDING CORONAVIRUS, COVID-19
During this time of unprecedented change, we extend our empathy to our community, and our valued patients. We understand that with the present uncertainty you want to stay as informed as possible. To that end, please use this notice as a resource to better understand how we continue to serve you and our community with dermatological care.
To ensure the health and safety of our patients, team members, and providers, we proactively evaluate best practices and guidance published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), and local, state, and national government guidelines. We carefully craft our patient care policies following this guidance. To keep you updated, and to help make your appointments flow seamlessly, we have shared several of these policy changes on this page.
How to Book a Dermatology Appointment
- Medical Dermatology Appointments can be booked conveniently via our website or by calling 775.324.0699.
- Cosmetic Dermatology Appointments are available for scheduling via both our website, and by calling 775.324.0699.
- Telemedicine Appointments can be booked by calling 775.324.0699.
Preparing for Your Appointment
Like many in our community, and especially in healthcare settings, we have instituted several policies for everyone’s safety. Please review these new policies before your appointment to ensure a seamless patient experience.
Know that we understand these changes feel different than how we have worked with you in the past. They are in place to ensure your safety as well as that of the people who care for your health. Please be patient with us as together we navigate providing healthcare during a pandemic.
- Appointment Reminders: Once you have scheduled an appointment, stay tuned for a friendly appointment reminder either via text, phone call or email.
- Online Patient Resources:
- COVID-19 Patient Notice: Please check this page prior to any appointments to see if we have had to institute any new policies which may affect your visit. The rapidly changing COVID-19 environment sometimes dictate that we remain flexible and shift our approach to providing care. Again, we realize this feels unusual, and it is designed to safeguard everyone.
- For Patients Website Page: This page includes resources such as the Patient Portal, and the Medical Information Portal and has information about our Telemedicine appointments. You may use this page to access the portals for contactless patient registration, make payments, access lab results, request medication refills and much more. Patients who are unable to access their contactless patient registration forms can also download patient forms here.
- Contactless Patient Registration: When you book your appointment online, or via our call center, you will receive a link and directions to log into our Patient Portal where you can complete your patient forms prior to arriving for your appointment. If you do not have access to the Internet and are unable to use contactless patient registration, please let our team know and they will assist you with your paperwork.
- Contactless Payment: We have also instituted a policy to maintain a credit card on file to facilitate contactless payment. The credit card on file is only used for payments such as co-pays or a balance after your insurance company processes your claim.
- While You Wait for Your Appointment: Patients are asked to wait in their cars until their exam room is ready. A team member will call, or text to notify you when your room is ready. Waiting rooms are also configured to ensure six feet of distance between seats.
- Facial Coverings: In compliance with CDC guidelines, we ask that all our patients bring their own face covering to wear inside our facilities. Learn more about the use of face coverings to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
- Pre-Appointment COVID-19 Questions: When patients make or confirm appointments, we ask the following questions. If any of them are affirmative, we will reschedule your appointment:
- Do you currently have, or have you had a fever (>100.4F) within the last 14 days?
- Do you currently have, or have you had a cough, shortness of breath, or loss of taste or smell within the last 14 days?
- Have you come into contact (within six feet) with anyone known to be infected with COVID-19?
- Minimizing Contact:
- We have redesigned our appointment protocols to ensure that we minimize any unnecessary contact with individuals other than with the professionals providing patient care. This just means that you will see less people inside our clinic than you were accustomed to in the past.
- We ask that you do not bring a companion with you to your appointment unless required for safety, legal, or medical reasons.
- If your appointment requires that you have someone drive you home, and you do not need assistance to enter our facility, please ask your companion to wait in the car during your appointment.
Additional Safety Measures to Protect Your Health
- Employees are equipped with personal protection equipment, and masks as required.
- Employees with any sign of illness are asked to not report to work.
- Proper handwashing technique instructions are posted at all sinks.
- Our locations are routinely cleaned and sanitized throughout the day as per AAD and CDC guidelines. Measures include sanitizing common areas and exam rooms between patients and at the end of each day.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are placed in all common areas, including waiting rooms.
- COVID-19 educational information and infection-control practices are posted within our facilities.
Stay healthy and safe,
Your Skin Cancer & Dermatology Institute Team